I haven't written in quite a while, almost a year! So, some updates:
- I completed my Latin studies. I am currently attempting to read Erasmus's 1528 work De recta Latini Graecique sermonis pronuntiatione (On the correct pronunciation of Latin and Greek speech).
- That acrylic cage thing I built for the Logical Engine? Not practical. I'm working on a new version which seems very practical. The problem I'm struggling with now is getting 14" long 1/8" x 1/4" steel to be straight enough. It would seem to involve 1000°F ovens or buying hot rolled steel instead of cold rolled steel -- although hot rolled steel doesn't come in bars as small as 1/8" x 1/4", which means time spent milling it down. Which could be an option. I don't know -- I'm not a mechanical engineer!
- I donated my old Meteor pinball machine to NextFab, on the condition that they fix it and let any member play. The machine was fixed, and that is the subject of another post.
- I've been cutting out the wood parts for the standard DIY Book Scanner and selling them. I've done about 15 of them, but the last two have been delayed, and that is also the subject of another post.
- I installed a standard DIY Book Scanner at NextFab. More about that in yet another post.
So I'm not really dead, and I hope to write some more posts in the next few days.